Trump Makes Final Decision On GOP Debate

Will Trump debate?

Former President Trump is reportedly planning to forgo the upcoming initial Republican presidential primary debate and instead engage in an interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, according to a recent source.

Sources have indicated that Trump has made the choice to abstain from the debate, favoring an interview opportunity with Carlson. The New York Times report highlights that Trump has spent the past days gathering input from associates and supporters to decide whether he should participate in the debate.

In response to inquiries regarding the alleged arrangement between Trump and Carlson, a representative for the former president’s campaign declined to confirm the details and cautioned against jumping to conclusions about Trump’s intentions.

Trump, who currently leads the race for the GOP nomination, has been displaying hesitancy about participating in the August 23 debate. The event, organized by the Republican National Committee and set to air on Fox News, has seen Trump express concerns about potential attacks from fellow Republican candidates.

While Trump has criticized Fox News for what he considers favorable treatment of his political opponents, Fox hosts and executives have been both publicly and privately encouraging him to partake in the debate. This event is expected to attract significant media attention and generate high viewership for the channel.

Trump’s apparent decision to opt for an alternative event hosted by Carlson can be interpreted as a significant move that reflects his reservations about Fox News. This choice is noteworthy given Carlson’s past association with Fox, where he was previously a top-rated host.

In recent months, Carlson has been involved in legal matters, as Fox paid Dominion Voting Systems a substantial settlement following the network’s broadcast of inaccurate information related to Trump’s claims of voter fraud. This situation also revealed internal communications involving Carlson and other Fox executives expressing skepticism about Trump’s claims and his presidency.

After leaving Fox News, Carlson launched an online version of his popular show on X, a platform previously known as Twitter. Fox, still holding a contract with Carlson, issued a cease-and-desist letter over his new online show, citing potential violations of his contractual obligations.

  • Conservative Groups Issue New Trump Demand

    A growing coalition of conservative leaders is urging President Donald Trump to move even faster — and go even further — on one of his most defining campaign promises: restoring law and order at America’s borders through mass deportations. The newly formed Mass Deportation Coalition says the administration must hit its goal of at least

    Read More

  • MAGA Voters Flip On Trump

    President Donald Trump still commands overwhelming loyalty from his MAGA base — but new polling data suggests subtle cracks may be forming as the 2026 midterm elections approach. While headlines claiming “MAGA voters flip” may sound dramatic, the reality is more nuanced. Trump’s core supporters remain strongly behind him. However, in a political environment where

    Read More

  • Trump’s Tax Refund Gift To Americans

    Millions of Americans could see larger tax refunds this year thanks to a major tax change signed into law by President Donald Trump. Under the newly enacted One Big Beautiful Bill Act, the federal government raised the State and Local Tax (SALT) deduction cap from $10,000 to $40,000 — a move that could dramatically reduce

    Read More

  • Pompeo Issues Scary Warning To Trump

    As high-stakes nuclear negotiations begin in Geneva, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is issuing a stark warning about Iran’s intentions — and what it could mean for President Donald Trump. With tensions rising in the Middle East and concerns growing over Iran’s nuclear program, Pompeo says Americans should be cautious about trusting Tehran’s leadership.

    Read More

  • Trump Breaks Silence After Friend Passes Away

    President Donald Trump on Tuesday shared an emotional and personal message following the passing of civil rights activist Rev. Jesse Jackson at the age of 84. In a statement posted to Truth Social, President Trump reflected on their decades-long relationship — one that began long before his presidency — offering words of respect and remembrance.

    Read More

  • Trump’s ICE Ordered To Pay Who?

    Minnesota’s political leadership is calling on the federal government to reimburse the state and the city of Minneapolis following a recent surge in immigration enforcement operations. The request has sparked a heated debate over accountability, public safety, and taxpayer responsibility. Governor Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey argue that stepped-up enforcement actions by federal

    Read More